birding-aus

Re: Flooding

Subject: Re: Flooding
From: morris <>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:12:18 +1000
Hi Neville,
It is good to hear that the floodwaters are moving down the Lachlan and
that lake Brewster, the Booligal wetlands and Willandra Billabong(?)
will be flooded this spring. I know where your birds are coming from
that are flocking to the Lachlan wetlands, they are coming from Tuggerah
Lakes!! This weekend I found virtually no waterbirds, there are usually
2-3000 Swans, 2000+ Grey teal, 1500 Chestnut Teal etc  on the Lake in
winter but alas all seem to have gone, and there were no birds on the
Tuggerah STW usually a good place to find Shovellers, Hardheads and even
Pinkears in winter! I hope to go out that way in September.

Alan Morris