birding-aus

Re: Grass Parakeets

Subject: Re: Grass Parakeets
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:11:35 +1000
I have received the following request from the USA.  Can anyone assist?

David - I have been lurking about on this list for about six weeks.
Although I live in the United States (near the Canadian border in
Washington State), I am particularly fond of the native Australian birds.
 I love reading about the sightings in their natural habitat.
I am list supervisor for another birding list that is for cockatiels,
budgies and other Australian grass parakeets.  I received a question from
my group regarding material or research that has been done on their
natural behaviors in the wild.  For example, flock dominance, flock size,
migration habits, nutrition, predators, etc.
I haven't quite figured out how to post to your whole list because my
reply button gives me an individual address.  Any assistance you or your
group could give us would be appreciated.  We have exhausted the
universities, ornithological groups, research, etc. here in the States.
Thank you in advance.
Nancy Newman
SkyDancers Aviary