birding-aus

RFI: Nullarbor/Isolation of SWWA

Subject: RFI: Nullarbor/Isolation of SWWA
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:19:44 +1000 (EST)
IN talking about 'observed' speciation, SWWA provides some of the nicest
examples in Australia. My problem is that I'm finding it remarkably
difficult to get information on the history of nexus/isolation of the SW
with the SE via the Nullarbor.

>From the yellow robins, and presumably the black-cockies, it's obviously
been 'joined' at least twice in the relatively recent past - and I ASSUME
post-Pliocene (though that could be way out too). Can anyone at least point
me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Ian
---
Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
GPO Box 3268, Canberra, ACT 2601
ph: 02 62491560 fax: 02 62473227