birding-aus

new GRAHAM PIZZEY book

Subject: new GRAHAM PIZZEY book
From: lorne <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:51:50 +0000
Hello birdlovers... Lorne here...

1. 'The Story of Australian Birds' is a new slender volume from Pizzey.
It is $13 from Australian Post stores. A pair of Orange-bellied Parrots
are on the white cover. It's a beautiful book... looks at the Australian
history of birds, endangered species, habitat loss, conservation etc.

2. A trivial point... but... did anyone out there see the vagrant
Elegant Imperial-Pigeon which was about the suburb of Nightcliff in late
Darwin, back in 1994. I went after it and dipped unfortunately. I'd like
to know more on their characteristics etc., if anyone out there saw the
bird.

Hope you're all cool,

LGJ.