birding-aus

RE: Atlas

To: "Osborn, Paul PR" <>,
Subject: RE: Atlas
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:39:51 +1000 (EST)
Paul - and other BIRDING-AUSSERS -

At 11:35 07/07/1998 +1000, you wrote:
>Haven't heard much about the Atlas Project lately. What was the final
>decision on grid sizes? How do we get involved?

Get in touch with us immediately at <> or the numbers or
address below (ask for Andrew Silcocks) and register your name and address
as a potential atlasser.  You will be sent the finalised Atlas information
kit as soon as it is ready (within a couple of weeks I hope).  All will be
revealed.  All participants welcome.  If you are up late partying on Friday
31 July and hear a Southern Boobook at one second past midnight - you can
Atlas it.  If you claim to have seen a pink Elephantbird, you will probably
be asked to verify it.

Cheers,  Hugo.

Hugo Phillipps,
Birds Australia Conservation & Liaison,
Australian Bird Research Centre,
415 Riversdale Road,
Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, Australia.
Tel: (03) 9882 2622. Fax: (03) 9882 2677.
O/s: +61 3 9882 2622. Fax: +61 3 9882 2677.
Email: <>
Web Homepage: http://www.vicnet.net.au/~birdsaus/