birding-aus

Re: exceptional seabirds - A note from SOSSA

Subject: Re: exceptional seabirds - A note from SOSSA
From: "Tony PALLISER" <>
Date: 07 Jul 98 11:21:01 +1000
>These are very interesting sightings but what about some
>common names especially for recently nominated/described
>albatross species- I can't make head or tail of some of the
>scientific names (sorry- I'm not reading enough literature
>at the moment!).

George,
SOSSA are following the Interim Taxonomy (Proposed by Robertson and
Nunn, in press)  Local taxonomists have not adopted this just yet.

for more information have a look at the following web site which
details all the English names etc.

http://www.antdiv.gov.au/aad/sci/bio/albatross/albatros_append1.html

Regards
Tony Palliser
Ph wk..... 02-99001678 fx..... 02-99001669
Ph mb..... 0416 095875
Ph hm..... 02-94277563
email: wk: