birding-aus

RFI - Brisbane area

Subject: RFI - Brisbane area
From: Rod Gardner <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:17:12 +1000
I'll be spending a few days up in the Brisbane area next weekend. Do any
Brisbane locals have information on the following? I have the usual guides,
including Lloyd Nielsen's Lamington guide.

Franklin's Gull - is it still around? Things have gone quiet lately on it.

Marbled Frogmouth - any good sites apart from the published ones?

Black-breasted Button-quail - ditto as for the frogmouth.

Noisy Pitta - is it true that they're virtually impossible to see in
winter? Or are there some good spots for them?

Any localities for the rarer large owls?

Thanks,

Rod Gardner