birding-aus

Trip to Beidaihe, China in 1999?

To: "" <>
Subject: Trip to Beidaihe, China in 1999?
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 17:18:32 +1000
G'day All,

In 1994 I had to cancel a birding-trip to one of East Asia's best
migration spots in Beidaihe, China because of unforeseen events.
Last week whilst surfing the net I came across a great website by Martin
Williams a resident of Hong Kong who has made several trips there and
describes the birds seen and history of the place as a birding
destination. As well as recommending anyone to read this great account,
Marie and I discussed the possibility of visiting the place in April or
May of next year.
Please take a look at Martin's report on
http://members.tripod.com/~MartinWilliams/index.html....it's long but an
excellent read.
If any 'birding-aus' readers fancy joining us (we would like to plan on
making a group of about six or less) or can give us some advice on
planning a tour there we would be extremely grateful for your input.
Please contact us privately on

Tom & Marie Tarrant
Dayboro, Qld