birding-aus

buying spotlighting gear in Oz

Subject: buying spotlighting gear in Oz
From: (Kim Sterelny)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:37:37 +1200
Dear All,
         You have no idea of the feelings of envy and resentment all your
various trip reports give rise to in the mind of an Australian in exile in
this beautiful but depauperate country over here (though I still take a
perverse pleasure in reading them). But I am off to Oz for a trip next
week, and that will include a couple of weeks in the Northern Terretory in
and near Darwin. I thought I might try some spotlighting amongst other
pleasures and want to know if proper spotlighting gear can be bought from
standard bushwalking supply places. I have the largest size maglight but
while that is powerful enough it gets heavy to hold after a while. I shall
be in Canberra for a few days at the end of next week so can try Paddy
Pallin if they stock such equipment.

Thanks in advance for advice - I imagine it would be best if people replied
direct to me, as this is probably information most of you have already.

Thanks
kim

Kim Sterelny
Philosophy