Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:22:01 +0000
Hello birdlovers... Lorne here... hope you're all well...
I present the GREAT AUSSIE BIRDING QUIZ!!!!!!!!
Below are five questions. The first person to e-mail either myself or
birding-Aus with the correct answers will receive the following...
a. a stuffed Paradise Parrot, complete with plastic, ten-foot termite
mound for the backyard.
b. a gloss 8 x 10 b&w photo of an archaeoptyrx.
c. a one kilo bag of Nigh Parrot droppings.
d. "The Birds" on video.
but wait, there's more...
e. six Black Butcherbirds (to go with the STEAK knives!)
HERE WE GO... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
1. Which has the pale eye, the weebill or Yellow Thornbill?
2. How does one pronounce, according to guides, a Pacific Baza's contact
3. What bird is this... serels yosot wlo ? (unjumble letters)
4. What word starting with C stands for a bird that is active at dawn
5. What is the term for a Peregrine Falcon's bent wing attack dive?
6. In which direction do logrunners scrape dirt?
7. What colour feet does a Blue-billed Duck have?
8. What colours are an Oriental Pratincole's underwings?
9. Fill in the blanks.... ______ _________ Sooty Albatross.
10. On what mountain, near Julatten, Qld., can one find Blue-faced
Finches if they are lucky?
Send me back the answers folks.
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: