birding-aus

egrets again

Subject: egrets again
From: Malea Kneen <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:45:03 +1100
Hi y'all
Thanks to those who pointed out that I was unlikely to have seen little
egrets from the bus.  I grabbed another look this morning and the cattle
egrets were there together with about a dozen WF herons.  I had thought
perhaps some of the birds I saw (a mere glimpse looking into the sun)
earlier were small slim white egrets with a dark beak, but I guess it was a
trick of the light and they were really herons!  There was another group of
birds at the far side of the oval today which I asume were more cattle
egrets.
I also saw the Rosanna cattle egrets yesterday hopping up the railway
cutting as the train went through, as well as a few gang-gangs just off the
Main St shopping centre in Greensbrough, which brightened up my lunchtime.
Malea

Malea Kneen             Email:
The University of Melbourne     Phone: 03 9496 3595
Department of Medicine  Fax: 03 9457 5485
Austin Hospital
Heidelberg, Victoria, 3084