birding-aus

Regent Parrots

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Regent Parrots
From: "Nigel Sutherland" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:35:28 +0800
I am fairly new to birding in general and to birding in Australia in
particular.  Over the weekend  another similarly inexperienced birder and
myself did a hike through John Forrest National Park outside Perth. We had a
good view for a couple of minutes of a pair of what we identified as  Regent
parrots.  However, when we were speaking to a ranger (who does not claim to
be an expert on birds) later on he was doubtful as to whether they were in
fact Regent Parrots. We then searched our field guides but could not find
anything else that resembled the birds that we saw. Could someone please
help and advise me if Regent parrots are in fact resident in this area.

 Nigel Sutherland