birding-aus

Re: Feral Ring-necked Pheasants and other Ferals

To: Chris Lester <>
Subject: Re: Feral Ring-necked Pheasants and other Ferals
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:04:05 +1000
Last year there was quite a lot about feral birds on Birding-Aus: it
will be in the archive (accessible from the web page:
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/

I understood then that ferals would be covered by the new RAOU Atlas.

Incidentally there has been no definite sighting of ring-necked
parakeets around here for 11 months but I have doubts about some
reported female superb parrots (presumed escapes) which may have been
parakeets.

Michael Norris
Hampton, Melbourne