birding-aus

Frustrating birding

Subject: Frustrating birding
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:35:13 +1000
Lorne appears to be missing out a little.  Mind you, one should expect some
disappointments when specifically searching for endangered species.  Our
Regent Honeyeater/Swift Parrot surveys are often "needle in a haystack"
affairs.  I saw the Castlereigh Regents on Friday 22 May, also heard Swift
Parrot (sorry Lorne), but this was hard work as the directions were vague -
tracks 27, 28 and 29 etc. relies on you knowing where these tracks are in
the first case.

On the plus side, I'm sure that even when people miss out on their "target"
species there is plenty to go home satisfied with.  I've always thought of
birding as an enjoyable experience, even when there isn't a Regent
Honeyeater to be seen.

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator