birding-aus

Re: bird records

To: Colin/Merian Richardson <>
Subject: Re: bird records
From: moris <>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:32:16 +1000
Colin/Merian Richardson wrote:

> Just wondering if there is anyone maintaining records similar to the
> Atlassing project carried out by the RAOU in the late 70s / early 80s. If
> not, is anyone especially keeping records on species such as Blue-winged
> Parrot, Superb Parrot, etc?
>
> A Blue-winged parrot was noted 11 km south of Nevertyre, NSW, on 23 May
> 1998; at the same time and place, 5 Superb Parrots were observed (by
> myself). I have also noted Superb Parrots at other locations in the
> mid-west area.
>
> Colin Richardson
> Tottenham NSW

Hi Colin
Yes the NSW Field Ornithologists Club keeps records of unsual bird
observations on behalf of NSW and publishes an annual NSW Bird Report
in their Journal "Australian Birds'. The Last report (80pp) to be
published  (in 1997) was the 1995 Report, the 1996 Report is due out
this year!. Your observations have been duly noted! Copies can be
obtained for $10 the Secretary, NSWFOC, P.O. Box Q277, QVB Post Shop,
NSW 1230.

Alan Morris
Records officer NSWFOC