birding-aus

Terrick Terrick Weekend

To: "ozbird" <>
Subject: Terrick Terrick Weekend
From: "Susan Myers" <>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 20:02:32 +1000
Just a short and rather belated report of a BA Vicgroup camp to Terrick
Terrick (TT) that I organised last weekend. TT is located approx 100km
north of Bendigo and has recently been declared a national park after an
area of native grassland was added to the protected area.
Altogether 19 BA members turned up, some from rural Vic
(Mildura,Lismore,Boort) and from Melbourne. In terms of quality (if not
quantity) the weekend was an outstanding success. The highlight unarguably
being a male Plains-wanderer spotlit on Saturday night (permission obtained
from DNRE & local farmer). This was a newie for 10 people and a first in
Vic for 4 of us. Stubble Quail were also common in the grassland but not
calling.
Our list added up to 58 species, the most exciting of which I've listed
below:
Peregrine Falcon
Painted Buttonquail
Barking Owl