birding-aus

Robin research

Subject: Robin research
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:38:06 +1000
Hi everyone,
I'm a PhD student at Monash Uni. I'm planning on doing a research
project comparing the nesting success and nest predation of birds
(probably Eastern Yellow Robins) between forest edge and forest interior.
The reason I'm e-mailing is that I'm currently looking for possible study
sites.
What I'm looking for is somewhere:
*reasonably close to Melbourne
*with a high density of Eastern Yellow Robins
*with a large forest area and a clear-cut forest edge

Does anyone know of any suitable areas?
I'm thinking about the Bunyip state park, Gembrook area and surrounds. Has
anyone been there who can tell me what birdlife is there, particularly
yellow robins?
Please forward answers directly to me

Thanks,
Lainie Berry