birding-aus

Lugens missing

Subject: Lugens missing
From: (Bill Watson)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:02:18 +1000 (EST)
Those seeking the wagtail at Glendale "Shopping Super Centre" should note
that it was not seen on Friday (yesterday) nor this morning (Saturday 11th)
-- certainly until 11 a.m when we left. The wet weather hit on Friday;
though it was only overcast this morning.
Apparently its described circuit (around the shopping centre parking area
and adjacent drains) has been so reliable up until Thursday night that its
absence since then bodes ill, in terms of finding it at this locality
again.
Quite a few parties of birders were searching, and I am sure they, like we,
would appreciate any more information. I acknowledge the support work done
by the local birders, in getting the information out, sustaining the effort
and helping accumulate information and public awareness. At this stage
their fraternity is allaying disappointment.

Bill Watson