birding-aus

SOS for Volunteers, Qld

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: SOS for Volunteers, Qld
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:59:53 +1000
A community-based bird research project, which is co-ordinated from the
Sunshine Coast University, is running a bit thin on volunteer bird
observers in Central Queensland.

The areas in question are Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Mackay. The local
group leaders have exhausted their local contacts for volunteers, and so I
am putting out a plea in case there are, out there somewhere, experienced
birdwatchers who are not part of the birding network, and who might be
prepared to give a hand.

At this stage we have observers to cover each study site, but no longer
have standby people for those times when someone either falls sick, goes on
holiday or leaves the area. Regular observers visit their study site once a
month for a period not in excess of one hour. We are looking for the odd
person who might just fill in now and again.

Perhaps you know a birdwatcher in one of these areas, someone who is
willing to make a useful contribution to bird and habitat conservation. I
would be sincerely grateful for any suggestions of whom I could approach,
and for approaches from interested birdos. I won't bore birding-aussers
with detail here, but will fill in anyone who can help.

I can be contacted through the above address, or:
work at uni: ph (07) 5430 2832 (message if I'm not there)
e-mail at uni:
home fax/ph: (07) 5494 0994

Many thanks if you can help,

Jill Dening