birding-aus

Turquoise Parrot on Sunshine Coast

Subject: Turquoise Parrot on Sunshine Coast
From: "Jill Dening" <>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 11:39:13 +1000
Turquoise Parrots are certainly not common on the Sunshine Coast.
Anyone visiting Bribie Island over Easter, keep an eye out for them, as I saw
one yesterday.
The location is on the main track north from White Patch roughly 1 or 2km south
of the Poverty Creek turnoff.

If anyone was thinking of seeing Blacktail Godwit in breeding plumage before
they head north, as I was yesterday at the Poverty Creek roost, think again.
Yesterday, instead of the usual several hundred, there were only 2, and they
were in eclipse plumage.

Jill Dening