birding-aus

No subject was specified.

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: No subject was specified.
From: Kieran Daly <>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 13:29:05 +0900
Dear Birders

Most people think that birders are boring nerds,with no sense of humour
who spend their time creeping around in bushes with binoculars. Birding
is also thought to be a ridiculous activity for eccentrics and pseudo
scientists.  I am glad to see that Birding Aus is full of tension,
anger, interesting info on birds, birding, interesting bird reports and
now and then a bit of a laugh and proves that birders are all of the
above and more. . I do creep around bushes in Australia looking for
birds, I also have a laugh, I sometimes get pissed off but so what!!
I'm the one who started on about the Pom bit and it produced discussion
that showed that birders are not one-dimensional nerds but as some one
wisely said " don't take it so hard" so I won't.
What I'm getting at is that BA is a very interesting group and it should
not and will not be regimented by one group who think it should be a
certain way.
Most of those people dropping out need to stop overreacting and get a
new modem and a new server.
--
Kieran Daly