birding-aus

Red-necked Phalarope near Melbourne - an addendum

Subject: Red-necked Phalarope near Melbourne - an addendum
From: (Dr Richard Nowotny)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:25:12 +1000
Alerted to my omission by Chris Lester, I need to remind readers that access
to the Western Treatment Plant (Werribee Sewage Farm) requires an "Access
Permit for Bird Observing", available from Melbourne Water ($20 for 2 years)
and a telephone call to the Western Treatment Plant Office (03-9742.9209)
before the intended visit (further details are on the Permit).  Note:  A key
which opens most of the locked gates is available from the office on normal
work days.
Melbourne Water's postal address:       Private Bag 10, Werribee PO,
Victoria, 3030.
Fax:    (03) 9742 9288.
For those without a permit and no intention to visit the Farm on a regular
basis it is probably simpler to ask a local regular visitor to take you down
there.  I'm sure birding-aus would be a good means of finding such a person!

And to give credit where it is due, I am advised that the birder who first
saw this bird was Wallie Coles.

Richard Nowotny

From:  Dr Richard Nowotny
             Melbourne, Australia