birding-aus

the purpose of birding-aus

Subject: the purpose of birding-aus
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:31:55 +1100 (EST)
Dear all,

A lot's already been said on this, and I won't take up much more space. I
suppose I can talk 'seriously' about birds as well as many - I spend much of
my time teaching people about them - but if birding-aus is not also a place
where people can simply express and share their sheer joy at birds, then
it's not a place for me either.

It may be of pertinent interest that Pat O'Malley's wonderful original
posting of 'New Field Guide' has been chosen (not by me), from all the b-a
offerings, to be reproduced in full in the next Canberra Ornithologists'
Group newsletter!

I'm tempted by something like "heavy birds don't fly", but don't want to be
too trivial...

Cheers,

Ian
---
Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
ph: 02 62491560 fax: 02 62473227