birding-aus

Re: Garbage

To: <>, "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Subject: Re: Garbage
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:51:24 +1030
Stephen Ambrose wrote:

> Dear Mauro,
>
> I think you are far too harsh in your judgement of the recent content of
> Birding-Aus. The discussion of favourite birds, ugly birds & cute birds
(as
> you put it) has attracted a bigger response to any other thread in recent
> times. To me, this seems that a good proportion of Birding-Aus
subscribers
> have actually enjoyed contributing these lists, as well as reading other
> peoples' lists.
> Many bird-watchers like to tell others what excites them in the bird
world,
> and this includes what species excite them the most. Birding-Aus provides
> this forum extremely well.
>

> If you are interested in discussing interesting bird observations, then I
> suggest you and others make some contributions (I like reading about
these,
> too). But please don't spoil the fun that many people have had in listing
> favourite or least favourite birds over the last few days.

Hear! Hear!

Have you all noticed how many new contributors we have had in recent days,
some for the first time??

Keep those contributions coming - on all sorts of observations and
questions. I have found them all very interesting and stimulating, broading
my knowledge of our birds nearly everyday.

And please keep some of the messages light-hearted from time to time.

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge