birding-aus

RE: Garden Birds

Subject: RE: Garden Birds
From: "Gould, Terry [IBM GSA]" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:34:00 +1000
John Leonard  wrote -

=========
Anyway the point of this posting is to ask a question, we have six
species of parrot we see regularly in the yard (Galah, Gang-gang, King,
Crimson Rosella, Eastern Rosella and Sulphur-crested Cockie) (once or
twoice we have had Red-rumped Parrots flyign over). Is there anywhere
else in the world (outside Australia/PNG) where it is possible to see
this many parrot species in a suburban backyard?
=========

I live at Reynella - a suburb of Adelaide 20km south of the CBD.  On any
autumn morning or evening we may see up to ten parrots  (if not in our
back yard, then from our front porch),  = Galah, Red-rumped Parrot, two
Corellas  - Little and Long-billed, two Rosellas - Adelaide and Eastern,
three Lorikeets - Rainbow, Musk and Purple-crowned,  and an occasional
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo.  Of these the two Corellas and the Musk and
Purple-crowned lorries are seasonal.

Regards
Terry Gould