birding-aus

Saving Tolderol

Subject: Saving Tolderol
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:50:28 +1030
This is an update and a thank you to all who responded to our plea for
support and assistance.
1) Birds Aust helped with a notice in the March Wingspan and an appeal to
members.
2) Some private individuals have sent in funds to the SAOA Tolderol Fund for
which we are most grateful.Thank you, donations from other concerned readers
will still be most welcome.
3) The electrical problem has been fixed and a contract for earthworks has
been let.
4)However, the problem of long term committment from The Dept of the
Environment, Heritage, and Aboriginal Affairs in South Aust. still exists.
If any of you feel in a position to assist by writing to the Minister of the
above dept, or to M/S Anne Jensen of the same dept in Adelaide, explaining
the importance of good maintenance of our wetlands and waterways as
corridors for migratory species, your time and effort will be much appreciated.

Once again, Thank you all. Tony Russell VP SAOA.

Address for support funds to: SAOA Tolderol Fund
                                c/- Adelaide Museum
                                North Terrace
                                Adelaide SA 5000.
Tony Russell