birding-aus

Virus False Positive

To: <>
Subject: Virus False Positive
From: "Ian Patton" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:00:59 -0700
Dear Folks:

I would like to post this message in case you are running Leprechaun VB and
download my product Merlin Species Watcher. Older versions of Leprechaun VB
may indicate the my software is contaminated with the "Weed" Virus. THIS IS
A FALSE POSITIVE that is being generated by an incorrect definition within
older versions of Leprechaun VB thinking that our self extractor is the
"Weed Virus".

Upon learning of the problem I contacted Leprechaun telling them of the
problem and promptly recieved this reply:

-----------------------------
Dear Ian,
that the self extractor on your product as the "Weed" virus.
I wish to confirm that this is a false alarm, and that our product was
updated late last year so that no false alarm is now reported.

Thank you for the feedback

Regards

Robyn Ord
General Manager
Leprechaun Software Pty Ltd
------------------------------

I wish to thank the people at Leprechaun for being both prompt and
forthright in their reply.

Thanks very much,
Ian Patton
Merlin Birding Software