birding-aus

GPS Coordinates

Subject: GPS Coordinates
From: "jon wren" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:42:42 PST
Recently I have received some great assistance from the Bowen Shire
Council Planning Dept. The Queensland Wader Study Group was chasing the
coordinates for a number of count sites in the Bowen area. Not having a
GPS I approached the Council  and asked for assistance.
Within a couple of days I had the AMG and Cartesian  coordinates for all
sites that I had requested. A great deal of Councils have the Mapinfo
system in place and can provide the details in no time.
Those that may be in the same circumstances as I should try their local
Council for information, all info was provided at no charge.
Great to see cooperation from one level of Government.

Jon Wren Bowen Qld