birding-aus

Re:Crested Pigeon Flocks

To: <>
Subject: Re:Crested Pigeon Flocks
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 98 11:58:37 +1000
     Hi everyone,
     As John Penhallurick indicated, there are now lots of Crested pigeons
     in Canberra.

     The other day I saw a flock of around 30 feeding on the ground in the
     same vicinity as some Eastern Rosellas and Red-Rumped parrots.  They
     were feeding on the verge of Belconnen High School Oval in the suburb
     of Hawker in Canberra.  Last week-end I saw a flock of 12 feeding on
     the ground at The Pinnacle Nature Park at the back of Hawker.  In the
     last couple of years the size of the flocks has been increasing
     significantly.

     Paul Fennell