birding-aus

Re: Databases (was Silvereyes)

To: Michael Todd <>
Subject: Re: Databases (was Silvereyes)
From: Eric Hocking <>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:53:52 +1100
Michael Todd wrote:

> A lot of birdos are putting their records on to computer these days
> ......I'm now using Access databases for storing fauna distribution
> records
> for the Lake Macquarie City Council. T
>
> If you have access to a relational database and the inclination I
> thoroughly recommend you give it a go. Feel free to contact me if you
> have any questions.

Mike, also refer to http://www.ccinet.ab.ca/merlin/home.html this site has a
series of db files that has taxonomic lists of birds, mammals, plants (?),
reptiles and butterflies.  Although the files were created for the Merlin
bird/animal database which *is* a commercial database, the creator has made
the lists available for free use.  They import readily into MSAccess.

There is a separate list for Oz birds.
--
Eric Hocking "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
Remove "nospam." from address to email.