birding-aus

Rainbow Lorikeets colours

To: OZ Bird Listserve <>
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeets colours
From: WM James Davis <>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:01:28 +1000 (EST)
Does anyone know if the red colouration of the Rainbow Lorikeet's breast
feathers is enhanced/influenced by the food a bird eats?  If so, what
foods (presumably some wild plant species)?

Cheers, Jim

P.S. If Anne Green happens to read read this -  please e-mail me your
mailing address including post code etc. so I can send you the lastest
IBB.

e-mail