birding-aus

*GREAT BIRDING TRIP

Subject: *GREAT BIRDING TRIP
From: SOSSA-Smith&Jenkin-Smith <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:33:07 -0800
Dear Fellow Birders,

THIS IS A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!

A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE LIFE ABOARD A "TALL SHIP", THE FABULOUS OLD
SQUARE
RIGGED BRIGANTINE,  "THE EYE OF THE WIND" AND SEE "NEW" BIRDS AT THE SAME TIME.

SOSSA HAS KINDLY BEEN OFFERED A BERTH ABOARD THE TALL SHIP, "THE EYE OF THE
WIND".

THIS BERTH IS VALUED AT $1,560 AUS.

IT WORKS LIKE THIS:
THE PAYMENT IS MADE DIRECTLY TO SOSSA AS A DONATION, SOSSA IS A REGISTERED
CHARITABLE
ORGANISATION, WE HAVE TAX DEDUCTABILITY, THIS MEANS ANY DONATION OVER $2.00
Aus, IS TAX
DEDUCTABLE.

* Cost $1,560.00  or  BEST OFFER   *OFFER MUST NOT BE UNDER $1,000.00

WE MUST RECEIVE CONFORMATION AND A PAID BOOKING BY 18TH FEBRUARY, SO WE CAN
INFORM THE
SKIPPER "Capt. Tiger Timbs" OF THE PASSANGER WHO IS COMING ABOARD.

DETAILS OF THE TRIP:

HOBART TO PORT DAVEY     -     1ST  APRIL 98   TO  13TH  APRIL 98

Depart at 09.00 and will sail down the spectacular Derwent River through the
D'Entrecastreaux Channel.  On rounding South West Cape, we will enter the South
West
Wilderness area by the Breaksea Islands and the extensive waterway of Port
Bathurst
Harbour.  During our time here we will have expeditions ashore to Mt. Misery,
Mt. Rugby,
Melaleucca and boat journeys up the numerous rivers including the Davey River
which flow
into this area.

There will be opportunities to familiarise ones self with the flora and fauna
of the
area, and for the more hardy a chance to dive and snorkel in these kelp rich
waters.

A local guide will give lectures on this area's unique features, history and
wildlife.

On our return voyage via the South Coast, we hope to make landfall at Maatsuker
Island,
to visit the most southern lighthouse in Australia and view the Albatross
colony on
Pedro Blanca.  We should have numereous sightings of seabirds, seals, dolphins
and
perhaps whales.
Cheers :-))
Janice
SOSSA  "Wildlife Research" H.Q - Wollongong
Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association Inc

Lindsay E. Smith & Janice G. Jenkin-Smith

Janice G. Jenkin.JP.,CMC. Civil Marriage Celebrant
P.O. Box 142, Unanderra NSW Australia 2526

Phone +61 (02) 4271 6004
Fax   +61 (02) 4272 4626
Mobile 0418 603 007
Email: