birding-aus

Garden bird commotion.

Subject: Garden bird commotion.
From: Michael Hines <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:51:29 +1000 (GMT+1000)
        About 7.15 A.M. last Monday there was a gathering of agitated Grey
Butcherbirds and Peewees at an abandoned Kookaburra nest hole in a termite
nest up in a wattle tree.
        A closer inspection revealed some 10 or 12 c.m. of Brush Tailed
Possum tail hanging out of the hole. This was later retrieved by its
owner and no more interset was taken by the birds.
        Thisd is Noisy Miner country and they were not involved in this
activity. Since then I have come to realise that our Miner population has
apparently diminished though unfortunately I have no counts to
substantiate this.

        Mike Hines
        42,Pangeza Street,
        Stafford Heights,
        Brisbane,
        Queensland, 4053,
        Australia.             Phone 07 33594998.