birding-aus

Re: White-breasted Woodswallow behaviour

To: "Keith & Lindsay Fisher" <>, Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: White-breasted Woodswallow behaviour
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 22:01:44 +1000
Keith & Lindsay,

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting that little note, I found it
fascinating.

Reminds me of how fascinated I was the first time I saw White-winged Black
Terns behaving like woodswallows at the Ewan Maddock Dam on the Sunshine
Coast. I think I saw it twice more after that, and soon afterwards stopped
my counts at the site. It was a few years ago.

They would spend some time fishing the waters of the dam, and then whenever
they felt like a rest, they would roost on the wires that ran overhead
across the dam, packed closely together like woodswallows. I kid you not!

Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast Qld