birding-aus

Re: Albatross splits

To: John Penhallurick <>
Subject: Re: Albatross splits
From: Philip M Hansbro <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:00:39 +0000 (GMT)
Seabirders in South Eastern Australia at least have become increasingly
adept at the identification of subspecies/species of the majority of
albatrosses occuring off these coasts. Provided the criteria that are
being used to ID these forms is correct then ID is usually
straightforward.
Although calling a Tristan Albatross at sea would be an
ambitious call at the moment.
I need 3/24.
Cheers
Phil.

Dr Phil Hansbro          I      Tel: (h) 01223 514441   or
Dept of Pathology        I               01223 514434
Tennis Court Road        I           (w) 01223 333545
Cambridge University     I      Fax:     01223 333346
Cambridge CB2 1QP        I
UK                       I      Email: