birding-aus

FIORDLAND PENGUIN SIGHTING

Subject: FIORDLAND PENGUIN SIGHTING
From: Snadden family <>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:32:13 -0800
I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT THE SIGHTING OF A FIORDLAND PENGUIN WASHED ONTO THE
BEACH AT
MUSSELROE BAY,NORTH EAST TASMANIA ON 17 SEPTEMBER 1997.
THE BIRD WAS IN FULL PLUMAGE AND IN A DISTRESSED STATE (EXHAUSTION).
AS WE WERE CONCERNED THAT DOGS ON THE BEACH MAY HARM THE PENGUIN WE CONTACTED A
LOCAL
PARKS AND WILDLIFE VOLUNTEER WHO REMOVED THE BIRD FOR REHABILITATION.
I WILL FIND OUT THE BIRDS OUTCOME AND ADVISE YOU.
I HAVE COLOUR PRINTS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
REGARDS
ANDREW SNADDEN