birding-aus

Sth/Central Amer and Africa

Subject: Sth/Central Amer and Africa
From: (Sally Stephens)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:18:28 +1000
     Dear birders et al

     In February I will be heading out for 10 months travelling in South and
     Central America and Africa.  I have a zoology background (though these
days
     am too desk-based) and am keen on bird-watching, as well as all wildlife
     (even if it just waves in the wind). I am also interested in other
     cultures, but want to avoid being a voyeuristic tourist.

     I hope to be able to volunteer on wildlife projects in different places,
     for a week or three. Since 1991 I have been employed in the Threatened
     Species and Communities Section of Enviroment Australia (the old
     'Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service'). Prior to that I worked
     at the Australian Museum for 6 years (mainly touring a natural history
     exhibition in rural areas) and have run my own mammal survey projects in
     various parts of Australia.

     So if you have any contacts or know of any projects that would welcome a
     hard-working and enthusiastic volunteer, maybe you could let me know.

     I will only be on this email address until 9 Jan 1998.

     Cheers - Sally Stephens.