birding-aus

Re: natural history CDs

Subject: Re: natural history CDs
From: (Kim Sterelny)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:33:30 +1300
Dear All,
         The situation is not as desparate as John believes. Lightbinders
(a USA publisher) has produced a lovely CD on Darwin, with full text of all
of his books (except the one on earthworms, curiously) including the
Zoology of the Voyage of the Beagle, with good productions of all the
plates, together with a good deal of supporting material including modern
commentaries.All for about $65 US.  A very fine professional job. The same
publisher has a two CD set on Neotropical Orchids (I suspect South American
neotropical orchids) which I would imagine, seeing this effort, would be
great. If anyone wants their USA address, drop me an e-mail.

Kim

Kim Sterelny
Philosophy
Victoria University of Wellington