birding-aus

Mullers Lagoon Update 3

Subject: Mullers Lagoon Update 3
From: "jon wren" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 22:52:18 PST
As per my last message we were successful in saving Mullers Lagoon from
any environmental vandalism at the hands of Cr Wayne Bidgood.
As you may recall I pondered the question about a genetic link that may
cause concern among the Bidgood family over Mullers Lagoon ,with the
Father wanting to sub divide a portion of it back in 1992 and Waynes
desire to have a "clean park" in 1997
Well subscribers may be interested in his parting statement after the
decision to retain verge vegetation was made.
"what are parks for people or birds"?
Certainly speaks highly of the calibre of elected representation on the
Council at Bowen.
Jon Wren