birding-aus

Red-Wattle Birds

Subject: Red-Wattle Birds
From: David Churches <>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 07:03:14 +1100
G'day all

In the strong winds last week apart of a large tree in our Canberra front
yard came down.  The remainder of the tree which was home to a pair of Red
Wattle Birds was unsafe and had to come out.  This was done in three stages
over 90 minutes, and when the branch containing the nest was lifted out by
a crane, I relocated the nest with two nestlings to a secure place in a
Kings Park Bottlebrush.  Within a half an hour of departure of the tree
removal gang, the parents had found the nest and nestlings and continued to
feed them.

Cheers

Dave C