birding-aus

bins locked away

Subject: bins locked away
From: <>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:12:24 +0000
Someone (I can't recall who and I've deleted the message) asked
whether international birders travel with their bins locked in their
suitcases.

Well, as I was departing Bangkok airport recently I blithely did
exactly that and notched up two lifers from the plane's window as
we were taxiing down the runway!

Red-wattled Lapwings were in pest proportions just beyond the wing
tips and Little Ringed Plovers skipped along the tarmac as we
gathered speed. I still haven't seen LRP - surely among the most
common of our vagrant waders - in Australia.

Good birding,

You can imagine how frustrating it was being unable to get them in
the bins!

Good birding,
David Andrew