birding-aus

rails of a different sort

Subject: rails of a different sort
From: <>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:11:00 +0000
OK I've had enough.

There have been numerous references to 'sewerage' farms on this list
over time and action is long overdue.

'Sewerage' refers to the pipes, hoses, bags, valves and other
hardware through which SEWAGE is pumped, squirted and generally
encouraged to move.

I suppose a day at the sewerage farm could feature, among the neatly
tilled rows of pipes (and rails), both blacksmith and piping plovers, and
flocks of metallic starlings.

Really, the correct term is sewage farm (although why anyone would
want to farm the stuff is beyond me), pond, works, plant - whatever -
NOT sewerage farm.

If you don't believe me, look it up!!

What's the latest on the Blue Rock Thrush? Anyone?

Good birding,
David Andrew