birding-aus

Re: Rarities

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: Re: Rarities
From: Alexandra Appleman <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:57:25 +1000 (EST)
Durham Dam west of Georgetown (famed for honeymooners and rare birds) is
in the Gulf Country, not NE Queensland, but I'll overlook this gaff on
account of your State-of-Origin. I've asked Sandy Whyte to update the Gulf
website with this important sighting and to give birding-aus a plug at the
same time.

We saw the little ringed plover at Taboubil in PNG last year on a trip
with Andy Anderson - I'm not sure whether it was a sub-species - but
given the terrible drought conditions afflicting the area the L-R-P's
may be heading south in greater numbers.

Do you happen to know the 'mcbird' email address? I hope Alan calls in on
Miranda at Langlo Lakes, just up the road from Georgetown, on his travels.

Cheers