birding-aus

Re: Cotton Pygmy Goose

To: Julian Bielewicz <>
Subject: Re: Cotton Pygmy Goose
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:13:57 +1100 (EST)
Dear Folks

I saw about 30 Cotton Pygmy Goose (15 pairs) some in display flight in
Gatton, Apex Lake/Lake Freeman south of town. (90 km west of Brisbane)  Paul
Walbridge saw Blue-winged Kockaburra there, but I did not have enough time
to look for it. Other birds of interest were Glossy Ibis, Marsh Sandpiper
and a lot of ducks. Other lakes in the area has dried out, so it is very
good at Apex Lake at the moment.

Regards from Niels Dreyer