birding-aus

WE ARE NOT ALONE... Dodos still live!

Subject: WE ARE NOT ALONE... Dodos still live!
From: lorne <>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:21:08 +0000
THANKS SO MUCH for the response to me Amazonian Passerine query. I was
inundated (as in the flooded forest - ha, ha... bad Amazon joke) with

A       S C R   E   A   M    I       N    G                 PIHA!!!!!!

Terrific!!! Unfortunately though, as there were some ten responses to my
question, I will not be able to give the Dodo to a single person. As I
don't wish to beat the bird on the head with a club, dismember, and ship
various body parts to the  various question-answerers, I will send you
ALL feathers instead. Hope this is a bearable alternative prize. My
Mauritian contacts are on the run from bird smugglers, and hiding in a
snake-infested banana grove in the hills, armed with assault rifles, so
they won't be able to fly me any other dodos out. Sorry!

Yours from Area 54 (Secret Dodo breeding bunker in Eastern Mauritius),

LORNE.

Please reply to