birding-aus

re The Sydney shot Wandering Albatross

Subject: re The Sydney shot Wandering Albatross
From: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Date: 02 Oct 97 16:00:12 +1000
I had a call from the Sydney Water Police today who have been to see the
owners of the fishing vessels that were in the area on the day that the Sydney
Albatross was shot.  In all fairness to the police they did act very quickly
on this and the message has been passed on loud and clear.  It was pointed out
to me that while most of the operators were responsible people some of the
deck hands can be low lifes straight out of Long Bay Jail. The water police
are required to check vessels periodically for weapons and licences and yes
most do and are licenced to carry weapons.

The feedback of course was that they know nothing about the shooting.

Regards
Tony Palliser
Phone.....+61 2 9900 1678 or Home +61 2 9427 7563
Fax.......+61 2 9900 1669