birding-aus

RFI - Albatross conservation article

Subject: RFI - Albatross conservation article
From: "Martin O'Brien" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:43:00 -0816 (UTC)
This a request for a hard copy of the Sydney Morning Herald
(SMH) article referred to by Eric Woehler.

I have searched the web and the SMH site does not appear to
have an archives section one can browse for previous
issues.

Would any Sydneysiders who still have the SMH of wednesday
17/9/97 please contact me to arrange for a hard copy of the
article to be fwd.  The Scientific Advisory Committee, of
which I am the the Scientific Officer, is currently
examining the conservation status of several Albatross
species in Victorian waters.  Long-line fishing activities
is an issue the Committee is considering but the shooting
of Albatross is news to me.

I can be contacted at the address and e-mail below.
Thnaks in anticipation.         Martin
Martin O'Brien
Scientific Officer - Flora and Fauna Guarantee
Flora and Fauna Program
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
4/250 Victoria Pde.,
East Melbourne  3002
Victoria   AUSTRALIA

tel: + 61 3 9412 4567