birding-aus

re: Channel - billed Cuckoo

To: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Subject: re: Channel - billed Cuckoo
From: (andy burton)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:45:35 +1000
>To all
>
>As this bird is about 50 km south of Sydney, has anybody seen them in
>Sydney yet? How far south do Channel-billed Cuckoo's go?.What about
>Koels?

Edwin,

        I was driving along Chiltern Road, Ingleside (33°40´30"S
151°15´50"E) on Sunday 14th Sept and am almost certain that I saw a C-b
Cuckoo perched in a tree. Did not stop to check but went on to Chiltern
Trail where the wildflowers are superb.

        The southern end of Pittwater is a good spot for C-B Cs in the
warmer months and early arrivals would be expected there now.

Andy Burton
Andy Burton's Bush Tours
703/4 Francis Road
Artarmon, NSW  2064