birding-aus

Re: Swallow nests

To: Trevor Quested <>, Shane Raidal <>
Subject: Re: Swallow nests
From: "Hicks, Roger" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 08:41:00 +1000
Pacific Swallows in Papua New Guinea were apparently coastal birds
nesting on cliffs and raised coral reef before the advent of the
missionaries. As they pushed into the highlands taking with them their
own style of architecture the Pacific Swallows followed them and now the
swallows can be found in all the major highland valleys.

Roger Hicks