birding-aus

Re: Consequences of ferals

To: Stephen Greenfield & Kit Hansen <>
Subject: Re: Consequences of ferals
From: WM James Davis <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:57:14 +1000 (EST)
A suggestion to whom it may concern about Collard Doves:

  Stephen has made an interesting point -- at the expense of the domestic
pigeon -- is this always true?  Does anyone know any thing about the
life-history of the Collard Dove to enlighten the rest of us?  For
example, is the species totally domesticated, dependent upon humans, not
unlikely the Rock Dove?  If not, what is its prefered habitat?  Perhaps
Glen and Lorne would like to contribute some hard facts to their
arguements?

Cheers, Jim